RGC returned to competitive action with a hard-fought 15-15 draw at home to Carmarthen Quins.

The Gogs’ braved difficult conditions at Stadiwm Zip World in Colwyn Bay to claim a share of the spoils following a physical encounter against their Indigo Group Premiership rivals, with the game kicking off early to ensure impact from Storm Dennis was minimal.

The squad will look to build on this result during their next outing on Saturday, February 29 when they make the long trip to take on Swansea.

Speaking to the RGC website, coach Josh Leach, said: "It was a fairly unique situation to play in such extreme conditions, and they only happen every few years. That said the game still means the same, so it is all about adapting.

“I think both sides had the better of the game when they played into the wind. Quins kicked well and managed to keep hold of the ball better in that opening 30 minutes, but crucially we took our chances when we got into scoring positions.

“We had a chat at half time about what parts of the game we could control, so we kicked short into the win and had a good line chase. Another pleasing aspect was our work rate around the corner and also how we controlled the clock.

“Overall the result is probably a fair one with the draw."

The visitors got the upper hand early on with an unconverted score, and after withstanding some heavy pressure Andrew Williams took advantage of a good attack by going over for the hosts. Billy McBryde added the extras.

This lead proved to be short-lived as Steff Marshall drilled over a penalty to make it a one-point game, but McBryde despatched a free kick of his own just before the interval to restore the Gogs’ slender advantage.

After the break saw another Marshall penalty sail wide due to the increasing wind, and this proved to be crucial as RGC pulled further clear when former Wales U18 international Dan Owen went over from close range.

The visitors dusted themselves off and got themselves back into the contest thanks to a driving maul that presented a chance to hooker Shaun Evans, who powered across the white wash to put his side within two.

Marshall converted to level things up, which proved to be the final score of the contest after both sides missed good opportunities late on.