RGC returned to Indigo Group Premiership action with an eye-catching 21-3 home win over Swansea.

Matt Silva’s men picked up where they left off following a period of inactivity to maintain their impressive start to the season, and they will look to take this positive momentum into their next outing against Ebbw Vale at Stadiwm Zip World on Saturday.

Speaking to the RGC website, Gogs’ coach Josh Leach said: “We talked controlling the opening of the game, and keeping the pace fast, and we did that in the first 20 minutes.

“A couple of poor restarts got them back in the game, but we did well to keep them out. We got the tempo back towards the end of the half and worked it well to get the try.

“It was difficult to resume the tempo in the second half, as they managed to slow the game down at the set-piece and with substitutes, but we kept them out for the 40 minutes which is a huge positive.

“We also ended the game well with the try late on, so overall it is a good performance to take into the Ebbw Vale game at home next Saturday.”

A strong start from the home side saw Efan Jones, Dion Jones and Rhys Tudor all go close in the early stages, but their persistence finally paid off when they opened the scoring through a penalty try after Tom Hughes and Tim Grey were both held up on the try-line in quick succession.

The All Whites responded well to the setback and got what turned out to be their only points of the game immediately following the restart through a well-struck penalty from Josh Thomas.

The visitors piled on the pressure midway through the half but met fierce resistance from the Gogs’ rear-guard, and they pulled further clear just before the break when quick-thinking from Billy McBryde saw him cross the white wash for a try that he also converted.

After the break saw both sides find things difficult to produce any prolonged periods of pressure due to a series of infringements that halted momentum, but the hosts did manage to produce another score late on when a quick switch in play presented a chance to Tudor, and the pacey back finished well for the final try. McBryde added the extras to complete the scoring.