PRESTATYN Town moved out of the Huws Gray Alliance drop zone thanks to a convincing 4-0 home win over Guilsfield.

The Seasiders’ resurgence since the return of manager Neil Gibson continued with another efficient display that resulted in a crucial three points, and they face another stern test of their credentials during their next outing against coastal rivals Rhyl at the Educate Resource Stadium on Boxing Day.

Gibson, said: “It was a really important game for us as I didn’t feel we gave a good account of ourselves last weekend albeit against Welsh Premier League opposition.

“I set down some challenges to the lads in training this week and to be fair to them they have all been fantastic. I sensed a buzz they wanted to right some wrongs and they were fully prepared and aware of what a difficult game it was going to be.

“We got off to a good start which gave us confidence, and every one of them put their bodies on the line for a clean sheet which is a good foundation to build on.

“We’ve missed Dave (Hayes) and he will be available for the Rhyl game, but the lads are really playing well so it is making selection difficult.

“I’ve watched Rhyl a few times recently and it is a massive fixture that everyone wants to be involved in and everyone wants to see. It is going to be an entertaining game and both sides know plenty abut each other, so it is important that we come up with a game-plan so we can cause them problems but we cannot let our standards drop because of this result as if we do we are going to have a difficult time against a team that has won nine in nine.”

The home side got off to a blistering start and went ahead after prolific striker Ian Griffiths turned in a Danny Davies cross, and they doubled their advantage midway through the half when Ben Maher was put through and finished well with 25 gone.

After the break saw Town clinch the three points on 47 minutes when skipper Alex Jones prodded home from close range after Alec Williams’ effort was parried, and the hosts wrapped up the scoring after 80 when Maher teed up Griffiths for his second of the afternoon.