THERE were three fires on Sunday caused by disposable barbecues put in bins.

North Wales Fire and Rescue attended the first incident at about 6.30pm. A disposable BBQ was put in bin on West Shore, Llandudno.

Just before 6pm, they were called to a disposable BBQ put in bin in Los Isallt, Trearddur Bay, and at 5.30pm, one in the bin on the promenade in Colwyn Bay.

A spokesperson from the fire service said: "We've been called to three incidents involving BBQs not being disposed of safely - remember after cooking, make sure your BBQ is cold before moving it. Empty ashes onto bare garden soil - never put them straight into a bin.

"Hot ashes can melt the plastic and cause a fire."