CREWS from Abergele, Colwyn Bay and St Asaph attended a fire in Abergele on Sunday (August 29) evening.

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service received a call at roughly 7.30pm on Sunday regarding an incident affecting a car showroom and workshop on Faenol Avenue.

A spokesperson for the service said that the cause of the fire was ‘electrical’, that the fire was ‘confined to (an) electric cupboard)’, and that it was extinguished ‘using hose reel jets and extinguishers’.

A stop was received at approximately 12.55am on Monday, August 30.

The spokesperson added that the electric cupboard suffered 95 per cent smoke damage, while the showroom sustained 30 per cent fire damage and 80 per cent smoke damage, and the workshop 25 per cent smoke damage.