AN ELECTRICAL fire has damaged a kitchen in Rhuddlan.

A woman suffered slight smoke inhalation in the fire in Maes Helyg last Saturday.

A spokesperson for the North Wales Fire and Rescue Service said: “Crews from Abergele and Rhyl attended the fire in a detached bungalow. They used two hose reel jets, a thermal imaging camera and breathing apparatus. The fire was caused by an electrical fault in a toaster. There was 20 per cent fire damage to the kitchen and 60 per cent smoke damage to the rest of the bungalow.

“One female was led from the property suffering slight smoke inhalation.”