A PAN which had been left unattended on the hob caused a fire in the early hours of the morning.

Two crews from North Wales Fire and Rescue service attended the property on John Street, Rhyl, at 2.21am.

A spokesperson for the service said: "The cause is believed to be a pan left unattended on the hob. There was slight fire damage to the kitchen worktop and light smoke damage to the remainder of the property."

Two people received checks by the Welsh Ambulance Service at the incident, which was under control by 3.05am.