A FIRE was sparked after an elderly man left a grill pan unattended.

The incident happened on Victoria Road, Rhyl, at about 8.15pm on Tuesday, October 20.

A spokesperson from North Wales Fire and Rescue said: "Two appliances attended. An elderly man had left grill pan unattended.

"The fire was out on our arrival.

"Crews ventilated the property and the stop was called at 8.28pm."

Advice on cooking safely is available.

Paul Scott, Senior Fire Safety Manager at North Wales Fire and Rescue Service, said: "With everyone confined to their homes during, many of us have been getting creative with how we pass the time and that has included comforting ourselves by cooking more, sharing recipes and posting photos of creations on social media.

"This is a great way of keep in touch with family and friends – but we have noticed an increase in kitchen fires as a result.

“Unfortunately, we are all too aware that just one distraction whilst cooking really could spell disaster - it sounds obvious but getting distracted is one of the main causes of a kitchen fire, whether it’s a distraction from our children or simply using a mobile phone or tablet."

See the advice here.