THIS is the latest situation in Denbighshire in regards to coronavirus and how services have been affected.

Youth clubs and centres:

The county youth clubs and centres have been closed to the public and staff. The service will continue to offer support and virtual youth engagement opportunities in order to keep on touch with young people at this challenging time.

Youth workers will be offering advice, activity, guidance and interaction – through virtual youth work and social media formats.

Once the guidance changes to enable groups to meet, centres, clubs and educational visits will resume.


Paying Council tax:

Many people will be financially impacted by Covid-19.

Denbighshire County Council is urging customers who will struggle to pay their council tax to contact a member of the team.

Support and advice on how it can be paid will be offered, as well as any assistance required.

If your income has reduced, you may be entitled to claim council tax reduction by visiting

A spokesperson from Denbighshire County Council said: "The sooner you do this the earlier your claim will be paid from should you qualify. You can also check your eligibility for other benefits by visiting

"Should you wish to seek advice regarding your Council Tax please email , or if urgent, please call 01824 706000.

"We are currently receiving very high call volumes so would urge customer to use our website/online applications where every possible."

Countryside Service:

Natural Resources Wales advice is to take care of yourself and others by following Public Health Wales and Government guidance.

Residents are asked to avoid unnecessary travel and to make any outdoor walk local to your area, do not get into your car to travel.

Walking trails remain open but those using them must exercise alone or with your own household only and, if encountering other people, maintain the social distancing rule.

Letter from Welsh Government to vulnerable people

The council is aware that Welsh Government has written to vulnerable people across the UK, advising them of precautions they should take and to contact their local authority if they are worried or have support needs.

The council is putting arrangements in place to deal with these calls.

If people decide to call the council’s customer service centre, details will be taken and passed on to a team who will call them back to discuss their needs.

Where support is needed from the community, the team will be able to share details of what’s on offer in the local area and help people to make arrangements if necessary.

Where support is not available, details will be shared with Denbighshire Voluntary Services Council (DVSC) who will try to use volunteers to help meet needs in the community.

Car Parks

The below car parks are now closed:

Rhyl Pavilion

Beach Road East, Prestatyn

Nova West, Prestatyn

Central, Rhyl

Barkers Well Lane (Multi-Storey), Denbigh

Over the next couple of days, the below car parks will close:

Quay Street, Rhyl

Crispin Yard, Ruthin

Previously reported items:

Main council offices at County Hall (Ruthin), Caledfryn (Denbigh) and Russell House (Rhyl): All are closed to the public. People are encouraged to visit the Council’s website for any information (

Anyone who has concerns about the welfare of a resident, contact the Single Point of Access (SPOA) on 0300 456 1000. For Out of Hours emergencies, telephone 0345 053 3116 for Social Services, or 0300 123 3068 for all other services.

Parks and playgrounds:

The Council has started to close all parks and playgrounds across the county. The work of closing and securing all parks will be completed by Wednesday, March 26.

Loggerheads and Moel Famau Country Parks have been closed to the public, as well as Brickfields Pond in Rhyl, Marsh Tracks in Rhyl and Coed y Morfa in Prestatyn. The Council has taken this decision in line with Welsh Government advice to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus and is in line with other Local Authorities and National Parks move to close public parks and beauty spots following concerns for public health with large numbers of people visiting .

Residents are being asked to help by following government guidance to stay at home, avoid unnecessary travel and practice social distancing.

Car parks:

The car parks at Rhyl Sky Tower, Rhyl Pavilion, Nova (Prestatyn) the Central underground car park in Rhyl and the multi-storey car park in Denbigh are all closed.

Household Waste Recycling Centre Closures:

In order to help enforce the UK government’s instruction for residents to stay at home, all three of Denbighshire’s Household Waste Recycling Centres have closed until further notice. Travelling to these sites to dispose of waste is NOT a valid reason to leave your homes. Employees at these sites will be re-trained ready for redeployment to support our key waste collection kerbside services for food waste and residual (black bin) waste.

Residents are being asked to retain their bulky waste, DIY waste, electrical items and garden waste within the curtilage of their own properties.

A spokesperson from Denbighshire County Council said: "Please do not put out this waste for collection on your usual kerbside bin day as we will not be able to collect it. If you discover hazardous waste at your property during a DIY project, such as asbestos, please contact the Council immediately for advice and to arrange it’s removal."

Registration Service:

As of March 23 2020, Denbighshire Registration Service has taken the decision to cease conducting marriage, civil partnership or other discretionary ceremonies (e.g. renewal of vows; baby naming etc.) at the Register Office and at any licensed venue in Denbighshire until further notice.

Anyone who has already made a booking may contact Denbighshire Registration Service by emailing:

The registration of Births and Deaths is now Strictly by Appointment Only.

Make an appointment by calling 01824 708100.

Copy certificates may be ordered over the telephone by calling 01824 708100.

Residents are being asked to note that it may take longer than normal to process your application, as priority will be given to the registration of Births and Deaths.

Payments to the Council:

Numerous residents have been in touch with Denbighshire County Council asking how they should make any payments to the council.

A spokesperson for the local authority said: "Residents can pay for council tax, business rates, housing rent, housing benefit overpayment, parking fines and general invoices via the Council’s website: or by the automated phone line: 0300 456 2499.

"Where customers have a housing rent or council tax payment card, or a bill with a barcode payments can be made (via card, cash or cheque) at a Post Office, Paypoint or direct at the Natwest Bank.

"Customers are asked to have the correct reference numbers for their payment when using these payment options."

Important information regarding Denbighshire licensed taxis/private hire:

The Licensing Team have had to implement interim steps for licensed taxis and private hire vehicles during the coronavirus situation.

As of March 25, residents may see expired “taxi” plates on some vehicles.

A spokesperson said: "Please do not be alarmed by this, as behind the scenes we have ensured that all the necessary licensing checks have been done.

"You could now see, for the foreseeable future, a vehicle displaying an out of date vehicle plate on the rear, with either a paper printed version of the updated plate displayed in the vehicle or have available, on inspection, a smartphone version.

"If you can’t see either of these please always ask the driver for proof of licence before you start your journey, they will be happy to show you."

Residents can check by looking at the updated register of drivers / vehicles at

For any concerns, contact the Licensing team at or 01824 706342.

Fleet’s Service Centre, Bodelwyddan: The Council’s fleet service centre in Bodelwyddan is now closed to non-Council vehicles and customers.