A PERSON was treated for smoke inhalation after an iron sparked a fire on Tuesday afternoon.

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service sent two crews to the property on Mor Awel in Abergele just before 2pm.

Firefighters found the fire had been caused by a hot iron.

The Welsh Ambulance Service sent an emergency ambulance to treat the patient, who refused to go to hospital.

“We were called to a fire at Mor Awel, Abergele at 1.52pm on Tuesday, October 8,” a spokesperson for the fire service said.

“We sent two appliances from Colwyn Bay and Abergele. A person was given oxygen therapy.

“The incident was closed at 2.03pm.”