A 12-YEAR-old cat has died from suspected poisoning in Kinmel Bay.

Nala, a male tabby, became very poorly, and was passing blood in his urine.

The cat’s condition continued to deteriorate in the days which followed.

He was put to sleep on independent veterinary advice on Saturday, March 23.

RSPCA have launched an appeal for information after vets found that Nala had succumbed to acute kidney failure with sudden onset – something they feel strongly indicates contact with a poison or toxin.

The pet, who lived on Foryd Road, had no previous history of kidney problems.

Jenny Anderton, RSPCA inspector, said: “Poor Nala's health went downhill very quickly.

"Symptoms shown could well be consistent with anti-freeze consumption - and we're reminding motorists to be careful and ensure chemicals like this are stored securely, and leaks from cars are addressed.

"We don't know if this incident was deliberate or a tragic accident - but responsible steps like this can help keep animals safe within any community.

"Our thoughts are with Nala's owner at this time."

RSPCA officers are also urging the community to be vigilant and responsible when storing chemicals and and hazardous substances.

Anyone with information connected to this incident is asked to contact the RSPCA inspectorate appeal line on 0300 123 8018.”

Vomiting, a depressed or sleepy demeanour, appearing drunk or uncoordinated, seizures, and breathing difficulties could all be symptoms of a cat being poisoned.

Anyone fearing their cat may have been poisoned should try and remain calm, move the cat away from the source and contact a vet straight away.