A WOMAN and her two dogs have died following a fire in Towyn.

The woman believed to be in her 60s died shortly after being transferred to an ambulance to be taken to hospital. 

The fire broke out on the ground floor of a dormer bungalow on Gors Road, off Kinmel Way, just before 9am on Wednesday, October 31. 

Four crews from Rhyl, Colwyn Bay and Abergele were called to tackle the blaze after reports of smoke billowing from the property.

A spokesperson for North Wales Fire and Rescue said: "We were called to a report of a fire at a property in Gors Road, off Kinmel Way at 8.48 am this morning (Wednesday).

"On arrival crews were confronted with a dormer bungalow ground floor heavily involved in fire.

"A female casualty believed to be in her mid 60s was located at the property by firefighters. She was transferred to an ambulance to be taken to hospital, but died shortly afterwards.

"Two dogs also perished in the fire.

"The cause of the fire will be the subject of a joint investigation by North Wales Fire and Rescue Service and North Wales Police."

Michael Ward, a neighbour from Kinmel Way, said: "This morning I saw smoke coming from the rear of the house, through the tiles on the roof.

"I then saw a man climb to the flat roof at the rear of the house to see what's happening. He must have phoned the emergency services, as shortly after the fire services arrived. "

North Wales Police and the Welsh Ambulance Service were also in attendance.

A Welsh Ambulance Service spokesperson said: “We were called on Wednesday, October 31 at about 9am to reports of an incident on Gors Road, Towyn. 

"We responded with Rapid Response Vehicle and an Emergency Ambulance.”