After leaving the club at the start of the year, one of Prestatyn Town's legendary figures is back.

Neil Gibson, has signed a four year-deal as first team coach, just nine months after leaving the club to take up a role as assistant at Connah's Quay Nomads.

Gibson had previously coached the seasiders for 14 years before leaving the club in January.

Prestatyn Town chairperson, Neal Colakoglu, said: "We couldn’t be happier with our new manager.

"Neil is a legendary figure at this football club - and quite rightly. The relationship between him and the fans and the respect they have for him speaks for itself.

"He knows Prestatyn Town inside out, and we’re confident that his leadership and winning mentality is what this club needs to reach that next level.

“Neil shares the same vision as we do. He believes in the development of youth, he believes in attacking football, and he believes that this club should be in the WPL.

"We are thrilled to have him on board with us as we continue to lay the foundations of a new era.”

Gibson said this was a fantastic opportunity and while it was hard to leave Connah's Quay, who are currently top of the Welsh Premier League, he was looking forward to coming back to his home town club.

He said: "This is a fantastic opportunity for me come back to my hometown club, and one that I couldn’t walk away from considering the situation the club is in.

"With the backing of the new owners and the support of the fans, I believe Prestatyn Town can and will return to where it belongs.

“It’s an exciting challenge, and the hard work has to start right away. We need to set the standards that are demanded by myself and this football club.

"We’re in a difficult position at the moment, but all of us need to get behind this team and give them all the support they need to start heading in the right direction - which is up that table."

Gibson takes over from Ryan Turner who will remain a part of the coaching staff.

The new coach will take charge of his first game this Saturday in the sides away fixture against Gresford Athletic.