A murder trial jury at Mold Crown Court has been given details of the arrest of Redvers James Bickley at an electricity substation off Dyserth Road in Rhyl.

They have also been shown police body cam footage of what the officers who arrived at the scene found – with people injured and covered in blood.

Further footage of the defendant’s arrest by an officer using a taser was played.

Prosecuting barrister John Phillpotts read police statements.

One officer told she pressed a red emergency button when she saw the suspect Bickley near a substation and joined in the pursuit.

He was on his knees where a colleague had been covered with a tazer and when asked his name, he said that it was complicated and asked them to call him James.

The jury has earlier heard that after his arrest police found notebooks which read “It becomes easier once you separate yourself, become two people in way, one persona to blend in and the other to do the unspeakable things that must be done.”

The officer’s statement said he then identified himself as Redvers James Bickley. She said he was calm and there were wounds on his neck and needed medical attention.

He began to talk about the incident.

The defendant was reminded that he was under caution and that he was being recorded but he said “I think I’ve killed someone.

He then said: “I confess to murder.”

Bickley kept referring to his injuries and said that he should be dead.

Being alive was not justice, he said.

He was particularly concerned about the injuries to Tyler.

The defendant then said ”If you knew how hard it was to love someone and not have them love you back.”

He told officers that they needed to be with the people he had injured and said “I am going to live. That is not justice.”

The defendant at the rear of the police car asked to hold her hand and said “for what it is worth I am sorry.”

Another officer said that he shouted “stop, police, stay where you are” and the defendant walked out into a clear view, put his hands in the air, and said “I give up.”

He was handcuffed to the rear and appeared agitated with a cut to his beck.

Bickley said “I have killed someone. I am guilty” and told officers they should be helping other people who were in a bad way.

An officer told in a statement how he arrived at LLys Aderyn Du where he was approached by Cody Denton – the sister of Tyler Denton who died in the incident – carrying a knife.

She told him: “This is the knife. I got it off him.”

On instruction she placed it on the floor and Cody, who had blood all over her face and top, dropped to the floor where police began first aid.

He saw two others in close proximity, their father Paul Denton who was also covered in blood, and an unresponsive woman who was lying on the floor who turned out to be Tyler.

The officer told how he took possession of a red handled lock knife with a three inch blade.

Tyler was said to have injuries all over her body and was given first aid by police and then paramedics.

On the way to the hospital Tyler was given oxygen but said “I can’t breathe. I am dying.”

She was taken to Glan Clwyd Hospital but died.

Police interviews with Bickley are now being read to the court.

The defendant agreed he asked an officer “will there be a trial if I confess?”

Bickley, 21, of LLys Aderyn Du in Rhyl, denies murdering Tyler and attempting to murder her dad Paul and her two sisters Shannen and Cody in September of last year.