COUNCIL members have agreed changes to plans to build more than 1700 houses, a care home, a school and a hotel in Bodelwyddan.
Members of Denbighshire's County Council’s Planning Committee approved changes to the site development brief, which have been proposed following an eight week public consultation.
Land at Bodelwyddan has been allocated as a key strategic site for mixed use development in the Council's Local Development Plan, to assist in meeting the county's future development needs.
The LDP was formally adopted in June 2013.
A Denbighshire Council spokesman said: "The brief provides detailed guidance to assist developers and applicants, members of the public, councillors and officers to determine future planning applications.
"It considers a range of issues, including location, land use, biodiversity, ecology, archaeology, healthcare and community safety issues; it also outlines considerations around education, employment, environmental issues, design principles, Welsh language and culture.
"An outline planning application has been received for most of the site and is currently being considered.
"It will be reported to a future meeting of Planning Committee.
"The Development Brief will be used in making decisions on any planning applications for the site."
Denbighshire Council received a total of 107 responses following the consultation.
Issues have been raised over traffic impacts, impacts on conservation area and St Margaret’s Church - better known as the Marble Church, flood risk and drainage concerns, location of the new school and requirement for a spine road through the development to improve access.
Some of the main changes include clarification regarding site access, a spine road connecting access to the site from Junction 26 of the A55 and Sarn Lane, additional design guidance to help protect the setting of St Margaret’s Church, an extension to St Margaret’s churchyard, corrections to information regarding historic remains and greater emphasis on footpath and cycleway links.
Formal plans for site, which is located east of the village and running alongside the A55, were submitted to the Council by developer Barwood Land and Estates earlier this year.