A RHYL hotel has been forced to close after its faulty electrics sparked concerns.
Denbighshire County Council served a prohibition notice on the owner of the Marlborough Hotel after tests revealed that the property’s wiring posed a risk of electrocution and fire.
An additional emergency prohibition order was also served on the owner, stopping people from living there until necessary works had been carried out.
Cllr David Smith, cabinet lead member for public protection, said: "The council found the defects to be so serious that we had to take immediate action to protect the people within the hotel and also the adjacent property, should there have been a fire.
"This is not the first time for enforcement action to be taken. Recently, following an operation with North Wales Police and North Wales Fire and Rescue Service, we served an immediate prohibition notice on the external fire escape due its poor state of repair and also four improvement notices for a variety of safety related issues.
"This demonstrates our determination to take robust action against property owners and businesses that fail to maintain their properties to a safe standard and subsequently fail to protect the safety of people living and working there".