TWO little girls have paid tribute to their father who died in a house fire five years ago.
Sophie Bowers 10, and sister Paige, nine, from Rhyl, said they want their dad Sean Bowers’ death to raise awareness of the importance of having a Home Fire Safety Test.
The Ysgol Emmanuel pupils, who released balloons on Monday containing heart-warming messages were only four and five-years-old, at the time Sean died.
The fire started after Sean, who had been drinking, fell asleep after putting on the chip pan at his mother’s home in Coed Mor, Pen-y-Ffordd, near Ffynnongroyw in 2007.
“Don’t drink and cook like my dad,” said Paige, who described not only losing her dad but her best friend.
“He did, now he will never get to see me grow up.
“I don’t want anyone else to have to go through what me and my sister have.”
“If it helps by sending a message out to the public to warn them of the dangers, then I will do all it takes,” added Sophie.
“No words can describe how much I miss my dad.”
Mum, Kirsty Garrett, said telling her daughters they would never see their dad again was the hardest thing she has ever had to do.
She said the girls were too young to understand what had happened at first but now they understood and were helping “keep their dad’s memory alive”.
For more information, or to get your free Home Fire Safety Test call 0800 169 1234.