SEVEN children who were denied a place at a Rhyl primary school have won their second appeal and will join the reception class in September.
The delighted parents continued to battle to get their youngsters into Christchurch Primary School after their children were refused entry because application forms were returned to the school instead of the council.
A spokeswoman for Denbighshire Council said that, following the hearing on June 19, new information surrounding class structures at Christchurch came to light.
A new hearing last week decided in the parents’ favour.
Joanna Sumner, of Knowsley Avenue, Rhyl, said it meant a lot that her son Wesley, aged four, will join his sister, Lauren at the school.
“I am absolutely ecstatic at the decision,” she said.
“I was jumping around the living room with Lauren when I got the call.
“She is so happy she doesn’t have to move school as well - she has got all her friends there.”
A spokeswoman for Denbighshire, said: “The appeal panel decided in favour of the appellants and the Authority was instructed to admit all pupils to Christchurch school.
“The decision is binding by law, and the Authority therefore has a legal duty to comply with this outcome.
“The Authority will now endeavour to work closely with the School to facilitate the intake of additional pupils.”
The parents case has been supported by AM for the Vale of Clwyd, Ann Jones, who slammed the situation as ridiculous, after they were originally refused a place due to a mix-up over entry forms.
Another parent, Carly Dickin, said she was over the moon with the decision.
“My youngest son Jayden is so happy he will go to school with his brother - he is even excited that they will get to wear the same uniform,” she said.